Dutton Estate Winery’s Commitment to Sustainability
Located in the hills of Sebastopol, Dutton Estate Winery is well known for its excellent wines and tasting experiences. However, the estate is also very well known for its commitment to sustainability. Dutton Estate has set an example to other wineries by ensuring that all wines cultivated on the property are crafted as sustainably as possible. The family truly believes in preserving the land on which they grow the fruit.
Dutton Estate’s Sustainability Facts:
- The winery is an active member of the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) and has been certified since 2016.
- All Dutton Ranch vineyards are 100% Fish-Friendly Farming certified since 2014 to protect endangered fish.
- The vineyards are certified Sonoma County Sustainable.
- Beginning with the 2017 vintage, Dutton Estate wines feature the Sonoma County Sustainably Farmed Grapes logo on the wine bottles.
Benefits of Sustainable Wine Production:
- Wildlife Habitat Protection
- Solid Waste Management
- Air Quality Protection
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- Higher Quality Grapes and WineEnvironmental Stewardship
- Water Conservation
- Energy Efficiency
- Healthy Soils
- Responsible Pest Management
For more information on Dutton Estate Winery’s commitment to sustainability, please click here. To visit the estate, please visit their website for more information. The tasting room is open daily from 10am-4pm, and reservations are required for parties of five or more. Enjoy!