San Fransisco firefighter Cecil De Loach and his wife Christine purchased the Barbieri Ranch in the prized Olivet Road district in 1970. While they did not have much experience in the winemaking sector, they were eager to learn, grow, and sustain a successful business. Itilo Barbieri planted the vineyard in 1905, and his son Louis took over. Louis was happy to pass the vineyard onto a family who is committed to maintaining the land’s legacy. That land now serves as the Hook & Ladder Winery.
Currently, Hook & Ladder Winery has several vineyards with different specialties:
Russian River Valley
- Olivet Ranch – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay
- Gambogi Ranch – “Old Vine” Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir
- Henze Ranch – Pinot Noir
- Severson Ranch – Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir
- Simeone Ranch – Pinot Noir
- Los Amigos Ranch – Acres Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petite Sirah
Hook and Ladder’s tasting room in Santa Rosa is open daily from 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Tastings are $10 per person and are waived with a two bottle purchase.
Private tastings and tours of the winery and vineyards are available by appointment only.
Additionally, an exclusive wine club, Wine Society, is offered through Hook & Ladder. Through the wine club, members receive:
- A three-bottle assortment of wines personally selected by wine master and former San Francisco firefighter Cecil De Loach for your enjoyment four times a year
- Exclusive offers for Hook & Ladder Wine Society Members only- releases
- 20% discount on all Hook & Ladder wine purchases
- Special event invitations
Hook & Ladder Winery looks forward to creating memorable experiences for guests and sustaining the legacy of the vineyard for years to come.